Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bunny dishes.

Owning a bed and breakfast gives me a good excuse to indulge my passion for dishware. I have different table settings for almost every month. I am always stopping at garage sales or estate sales and love to poke around in thrift shops on the hunt for more. This is my March and April theme. Green and white plates with bunnies on them and green bowls that look like cabbages are pictured here. Note the little bunny place card holders. Those I gave as gifts to the guests last Easter morning. I have plates with snowmen on them. I have heart shaped plates. I have plates with pumpkins. I have red, white and blue plates with stars. I have several different flower patterns. My favorite ones have bees and ladybugs on them. Of course, then I have to have serving pieces, fruit dishes, bread plates, etc. to mix and match with everything. I do own plain white dishes, too. They are great to layer different patterns on. I enjoy making breakfast time for my guests an experience. I use local, organic, in season produce as much as possible. The eggs and breakfast meat are from local farmers. I play soft jazz music in the background, although I like it better when guest laughter drowns it out. I want breakfast to excite all 5 of your senses and start your day off right. My wish is for my guests to leave the table full of good food and good memories.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!!!

    Jamie~your Innkeeper
    Applesauce Inn B&B Bellaire, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've done great on there as well. I would have to say the hotel and hospitality industry is one of the most mature social industries.

    Reservation Software

    ReplyDelete