Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You can check in but...

I bet you thought I was going to sing the Hotel California song didn't you? No instead I would like to talk about B&B check in times.
Time management for innkeepers can be very challenging. Most of us have little to no staff and have to fit all our jobs into a long day. Having a set check in time window and guests that respect that can help tremendously.
Here at the Inn at Woodward Park check in is 3pm to 7pm. Check out is 11am. I have had guests show up at noon wanting to check in. I understand they are excited to stay at the B&B and want to have as much time as possible here; but there is no way I am going to have the room ready by then.
I have had guests wanting to check in late at night and suggest I just leave a key outside for them. I want to welcome each and every guest to the Inn, give them a quick tour, show them where they can get coffee and water and DVDs. I also like to give a quick orientation of the room, closets, thermostat, outlets, safety lights, etc. then I get out of their hair and let them enjoy themselves.
I am always happy to see you when you get here, happier if it is between 3-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment