Thursday, October 14, 2010

Breakfast at the B&B

What's for breakfast? This particular morning a couple is having breakfast in bed, one wanted waffles and one wanted french toast.
Not all breakfasts are the same at all B&Bs. Some give you a choice and some have a set menu. One B&B may do a sit down three course candlelit breakfast and the next may have a continental spread set out as a buffet.
To avoid disappointment or surprises, I would suggest you ask when you make your reservation.
I try to accommodate every one's preferences. If I have just one couple and that want different things, I can do that. If I have a full house and everyone is eating at the same time, then it will probably be all the same meal. Of course, I make exceptions for special dietary needs such as gluten-free, diabetic, vegetarian or any allergies.
Some folks want to eat in the privacy of their rooms, but personally, I feel people enjoy the B&B experience more if they all eat at the breakfast table together. The most lively, fun and interesting conversations happen when you get people together from different places. It is amazing how people find a common ground to relate to each other.
It is fun to see how people react to food they are not familiar with. I have had a woman from Japan that would eat anything I put in front of her. She did not recognize sausage patties as she had only had sausage links. Another time I had a gentleman from London who would not touch the biscuits and gravy. It takes all kinds and I respect every one's food choices; but he sure missed out on a delicious southern treat.
So stealing a line from Paula Deen (and I use several of her recipes, too) Best Dishes, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment