Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2nd best thing

The second best thing about being an innkeeper is I work at home. Today there is light snow on the ground and it is cold. No, it is worse than cold. It is f,f,f, freezing. The tempature was 12 with a wind chill of minus 5 this morning. Now that is unusual for Tulsa. Last week it was in the fifties. Working at home, I did not have to get up, dress in at least 3 layers, go out, warm up the car, scrape ice off the windshield, drive across town, park out in the north 40 of a parking lot and race across the frozen tundra to get to work. Nope, all I did was go from my nice warm bedroom to my nice, warm, cozy, smelling like coffee kitchen. I did get dressed, but just one layer.
My kitchen smells like coffee because I got a new coffeepot at a post holiday sale. It is one that you add the coffee beans and water the night before, set it and it grinds and brews the coffee before you get up. The grinding process is pretty loud, though. The first time I heard it, I thought a jet plane was taking off somewhere nearby. Thank goodness the guest rooms are all upstairs and it doesn't disturb them.
We have guests here this week from up state New York. They say it's not that cold out today. Well, I'm a Southern gal and I prefer the heat and humidity any ole time. I probably won't leave the house until it gets above freezing or I run out of Diet Coke, whichever comes first. Maybe I can talk my husband into stopping for the Coke. He works outside our Tulsa bed and breakfast as an accountant.
Were you wondering what the number one best thing about being an innkeeper is? It is you and all the other wonderful people I get to meet. Come by and stay awhile, 'cause I am NOT going out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment