Friday, November 5, 2010

Downtown Tulsa on an Autumn afternoon

I just spent a couples of hours in downtown Tulsa this afternoon. It is only a 6 minute drive from our Tulsa bed and breakfast. My first stop was Mod's coffee and crepes for just that. I sat at one of the outside cafe tables located at 507 S. Boston while enjoying a pumpkin pie crepe filled with pumpkin, pecans, graham cracker crumbs and whipped cream. I sipped a freshly brewed cup of peaberry coffee and did some people watching. I then took a stroll around the surrounding blocks being careful not to step off the curb because I was looking up to see the beautiful art deco architecture. I wandered over to the Mayo Hotel to peek in at the lobby. It was gorgeous with marble walls and gigantical chandeliers. I felt as if I were in Paris what with people watching, crepes and that lobby.
Back to my car to make sure I hadn't gone over my 75 cents for an hour and a half parking meter and drove a few blocks to Dwelling Spaces. Located at 119 S. Detroit, Dwelling Spaces is everything Okie, from T shirts to local art to greeting cards to Christmas ornaments. If you need a Tulsa souvenir, this is the place to go. I was after a long sleeve T shirt now that the weather has cooled off. It was a hard decision between the big foot sighting and the blue whale.
Next time you are in Tulsa, stay at the Inn at Woodward Park and go explore downtown Tulsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment